Metal Drilling & Tapping Services
Do you need metal drilling and tapping services done for a manufacturing project but don’t have the time or equipment to do it yourself? We know it can be hard to find a reliable company that offers both metal drilling and tapping services. Most companies only offer one or the other service, and few have the necessary equipment.
At ABT Metals, we specialize in providing top-quality metal drilling and tapping services. Our high-tech equipment allows us to deliver fast, efficient results that can help you get your project up and running quickly and effectively. Whether you need a small job done or are looking for ongoing support, our team is here to help.
Table of Contents
Request A Quote
What do you Mean by Drilling and Tapping?
The process of drilling and tapping is a method of creating threads in a drilled hole. This can be done by hand, using a machine, or by using a CNC machine. The process usually consists of the following steps:
1. Drilling a hole in the workpiece
This is done using a drill bit that is slightly larger than the internal diameter (ID) of the tap. The hole should be deep enough to accommodate the length of the tap.
2. Tapping the hole
This is done using a tap that has the same thread pitch as the desired threads. The tap is inserted into the hole and turned until the threads are fully formed.
The process is completed by using a de-burring tool or another method to remove any rough edges or burrs that may have been created during the drilling and tapping steps. You can find more information on our website, or you can contact us directly if you would like to learn more about our drilling and tapping services.
What Tools and Machinery Do You Use for Drilling and Tapping?
At ABT Metals, we use a variety of tools and machinery to meet the needs of our clients. Some commonly used tools include:
- Drill bits: We use a variety of drill bits to create holes in the workpiece, ranging from standard twist drills to tapered reamers.
- Taps: We have a large selection of taps available, including spiral point, bottoming taps, plug taps, and more.
- Milling machines: These machines help us machine large workpieces quickly and efficiently.
- CNC machines: We use CNC machines to create threads in a variety of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites.
What Materials Can You Drill and Tap?
We can drill and tap a variety of materials, including:
- Aluminum: We use aluminum drilling and tapping services for products like automotive components, machine parts, and other metalworking applications.
- Steel: Whether you need steel for a construction project or another application, we can help with your drilling and tapping needs.
- Plastics: We use plastic drilling and tapping services to create threads in plastics such as ABS, acrylic, and more.
How Our Services Can Benefit Your Business
At ABT Metals, we understand that your business needs to be as efficient and productive as possible. That’s why we offer some of the best drilling and tapping services in the industry. Our high-quality metal products can help you:
- Save time on manufacturing processes: We can help you save time on your manufacturing processes by providing high-quality drilling and tapping services. For instance, our CNC machines can create metal threads quickly and accurately.
- Reduce manufacturing costs: Our metal products are competitively priced, making them an affordable option for your business. In addition to drilling and tapping services, we also offer other metalworking services such as machining, sawing, shearing, and more.
- Improve product quality: Our products are made to exacting standards, which means you can be confident in the quality of your finished products.
- Get personalized service: We are committed to providing the best customer service in the industry. When you choose ABT Metals for your drilling and tapping needs, you can expect a high level of personal attention from our team members.
How We Differ from the Competition
At ABT Metals, we pride ourselves on being a one-stop-shop for all of your metalworking needs. We offer a wide range of services and our services:
- Are available to businesses of all sizes: We work with businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations.
- Are competitively priced: We offer competitive pricing on all of our services, making us a great option for businesses on a budget.
- Are backed by a team of experts: Our team of experts has years of experience in both metalworking and customer service. We are committed to helping our customers achieve their goals, whether it’s drilling and tapping a workpiece or ensuring our customers are satisfied with their finished products.
What to Consider Before Choosing a Drilling and Tapping Service Provider
When choosing a drilling and tapping service provider, there are several factors you should consider. Some of the most important considerations include:
- Experience: You want to work with a company that has years of experience in metalworking and drilling/tapping services. At ABT Metals, we have over 20 years of experience in the industry.
- Reputation: You also want to work with a company that has a solid reputation for providing high-quality products and services. We are proud to have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Customer service: Finally, you want to work with a company that is committed to providing the best possible customer service. At ABT Metals, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible experience.
Why Choose ABT Metals for Drilling and Tapping Services?
There are many reasons to choose ABT Metals for your drilling and tapping needs. We are a one-stop-shop for all of your metalworking needs, and our services are backed by a team of experts who are committed to helping your business succeed. Some other reasons to choose ABT Metals for your drilling and tapping needs include:
- We offer competitively priced products and services.
- Our team members have years of experience in the metalworking industry.
- We prioritize customer service, and we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best possible experience.
Our drilling and tapping services are capable of handling both high and low volume orders. Whether it is metalwork prototype production or a large order of parts, we will handle the job. We also provide customers with countersinking services to deburr and give a clean and finished look to parts. We are equipped with the machinery capable of PEM nut and stud installation as well as providing specialty tapping for scenarios in which basic equipment cannot handle the job.
Specialty tapping services
We can handle any tapping and drilling job you can throw at us with our extensive inventory of equipment. We supply our customers with specialty tapping services, allowing us to exceed expectations on the quality and functionality of your part. In many cases, specialty tapping is required to meet the design needs of a unique part. Some designs require that tapping varies in thread combination or diameter. We want to ensure that we can complete any task that is given to us, so we are well prepared with all the tapping tools we need for any special project.
We give our customers all the designing and planning help that is needed to come up with the best possible end result of their particular project. Our special equipment allows us to give our customers the product they want, no matter how unique or difficult the project may be. Prototyping is an important part of the design process and we look forward to helping you develop prototypes for your metal part or product. We are committed to each and every customer and will do whatever we can to bring their prototype to life.
PEM Nut and Stud Installation services
We use PEM Nuts and Studs for its self-clinching, flaring, broaching, surface mount, or weld technology to provide a strong fastening point on parts. These fasteners provide sturdy and long-term threads to thin sheet metal and other materials. We have the machinery capable of applying PEM fasteners to parts that require it.
We use countersinking in projects to get your manufactured part looking professional and complete. Countersinking removes burrs from the surface of drill holes and allows for inserted screws to lie flush with their surrounding surface. Burrs can also be hazardous when handling a metal part, so it is best to remove them immediately. We have different countersinking methods that can be used in various projects that require it.
Contact Us Today!
If you’re looking for a reliable drilling and tapping service provider that can help you achieve your business goals, look no further than ABT Metals. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to get started with an order!